I don’t do too well with cereals in the morning; I get bored very quickly and so full that I need a nap about ten minutes after.
So you can imagine that when I came across this concoction, I immediately fell in love. Unfortunately, I owe my brother for this one, so I’ll have to bake for him at some point to say thanks, but it’s still worth it.
I generally don’t use milk unless I’m baking, I’m a huge fan of oat milk (see picture below) or almond milk so tend to opt for either. The recipe works just as well with normal milk so swap it round if you prefer.
The smoothie is meant to be quite thick but again, dilute to taste. This is how I make mine…
- 1 medium sized banana
- 2 large handfuls of any fruit you like (this time I used strawberries and pineapple)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 200ml of oat drink (or any type of milk you prefer)
- Peel and chop all the fruit and bung it in the blender.
- Add everything else and blend away.
- Add more milk to taste (if you like it thinner)
- Drink and enjoy.